[MLton-devel] Problem with NetBSD build really nailed down

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis@mongers.org
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 19:47:37 +0200

This was a bit more evil than I had imagined. When you dig deeper into
it you find that /usr/bin/which is really a csh script, and by default
it only searches

set path = (~/bin /bin /sbin /usr/{bin,sbin,X11R6/bin,pkg/{,s}bin,games}
            /usr/local/{,s}bin)

since it is what it picks up from $HOME/.cshrc

so whatever the contents of $PATH, we will never be able to find
something we have put there since that path is never searched.

I'll try to think about a good solution `which` is portable.

--
j.