[MLton-devel] Problem with NetBSD build really nailed down

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 11:50:58 -0700

> This was a bit more evil than I had imagined. When you dig deeper into
> it you find that /usr/bin/which is really a csh script, and by default
> it only searches
>
> set path = (~/bin /bin /sbin /usr/{bin,sbin,X11R6/bin,pkg/{,s}bin,games}
>             /usr/local/{,s}bin)
>
> since it is what it picks up from $HOME/.cshrc
>
> so whatever the contents of $PATH, we will never be able to find
> something we have put there since that path is never searched.

Good find.

Maybe the easiest fix is to not use "#!/usr/bin/env sh" at the start
of upgrade-basis, and rather use "#!/bin/sh".  That way the shell
script will see the current path.  I've checked in the changes for
this.  Lemme know how it works.