[MLton-devel] Problem with NetBSD build really nailed down

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:11:46 -0700

> I do not really like this. First off, that wont work when (not if) we do
> the HP-UX port, since /bin/sh is nonexistant there.

OK.  I agree that was a bad fix.

> In the meantime I did the following hack:
..
> But I find that rather ugly.

I agree.  whereis is even less portable than which.

I just checked in a new fix that avoids the use of which by passing
PATH explicitly to upgrade-basis, which now uses our usual
"#!/usr/bin/env bash" to start.  Hopefully this works.

BTW, I agree with Henry that it is insane for which to ignore the
PATH.