[MLton] A question about MLton.Process.create & Unix.streams_of

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:15:03 -0800

> I see that MLton.Process.create is a full unix process interface but
> the documentation seems to indicate that it no longer exists (and
> that only the spawn functions are available).

Actually, it is quite the opposite.  We recently added, not removed,
Mlton.Process.create.  I updated the docs to reflect this.  Let us
know if it's still unclear.

> I have a program that I'd like to rewrite using CML but to be useful
> it must capture stderr.  What to do?

If you're running on a Unixish machine, you can use the Posix
structure of the basis library.  Or, you can build MLton from the CVS
and use the new MLton.Process.create.