[MLton] Estimate on difficulty...

Mike Thomas mike.thomas@brisbane.paradigmgeo.com
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 05:01:57 +1000

Hi Dan.

| I'd like to do this on Cygwin. Any advice on what's the least
| painless way
| to do the above. i.e. what simple graphics libs have already been
| ported to
| MLton..

There is an OpenGL binding in CVS (lib/opengl) and which was developed under
Cygwin and I believe has also been built and tested under Linux.  Several
examples exist there to show you how to get started.  I haven't tried
building it for a quite a few months but expect it should be in fairly good
shape.

| is there a nice SDL binding already or do I have to do
| this myself?

I believe that Anoq if the Sun (Hardcore Processing) has done an SDL
binding.

| The more code I can crib from somone else the happier I'll be. :)
| I really just want a raw window with some keyboard and mouse input.

The OpenGL port includes some GLUT functionality so you can have an event
loop with keyboard and mouse, menus etc.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.