[MLton] OpenGL

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:47:24 -0700

Hi Mike.

> I get numerous examples of the following error while
> compiling the opengl library:
>
> miketh@water /c/cvs/head/mlton/lib/opengl
> $ make
> mlton -export-header GL_h.h -stop tc GL.cm
> Error: GL.sml 726.25.
>    _import disallowed.

The behavior of MLton has changed to not allow syntax extensions by
default. I've added something to the error message to assist users in
discovering how to fix the problem.  Now, you get the following
message.

% mlton -export-header GL_h.h -stop tc GL.cm
Error: GL.sml 726.25.
   _import disallowed, compile with -default-ann 'allowImport true'.

> I'm also interested in trying the MinGW32 build and in particular
> ensuring that the opengl library works with that version of mlton.
> Is that a case of just configuring and building the CVS source under
> MSYS, or are there some other things I need to do?

I don't think MLton is quite ready to be built under MSYS.  Brent is
waiting until I track down a space leak, at which point he will resume
development.  I think we are pretty close though.  Hopefully I will
find this bug soon and we will have something in a week or two.