[MLton] Memory problems with latest CVS?

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:56:09 -0400 (EDT)

> > I'd say to recompile the runtime with DEBUG_INT_INF = TRUE in
> > IntInf.c, relink, and rerun.  You might also add some more printf's in
> > IntInf.c in binary and IntInf_mul.  You might also turn on DEBUG_ARRAY
> > in gc.c, since the IntInf implementation allocates the arrays before
> > passing them to the Gmp.  That might be too much noise though.
>
> I'm out of town this weekend, so I don't know when I'll get a chance to
> look at this again.  On the upside, it does seem to be unrelated to the
> space leak in the refFlatten pass.  On the downside, it does seem to be a
> legitimate bug.

Last bit of info, DEBUG_INT_INF didn't shed much light; seems like gdb was
returning false info:

0 0 mlton-stubs.235.c 1458: GC_gc
Starting gc.  Request 512 nursery bytes and 0 old gen bytes.
[Requested 1388M cannot be satisfied, backing off by 0M (min size =
1388M).
Major mark-compact GC.
Major mark-compact GC done.
Finished gc.
time: 42,350 ms
old gen size: 468,616,636 bytes (16.8%)
            xmlShrink1 starting
IntInf_mul (0x77359401, 0x276f35b9, 16)
fill (0x77359401, 0xbfffd350, 0xbfffd328)
fill (0x276f35b9, 0xbfffd340, 0xbfffd320)