[MLton] Darwin/PPC changes

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:26:25 -0700

> Ah, I didn't know about the __APPLE_CC__ macro.  That's useful. -)

I didn't know about it either until yesterday.  gcc -v is your friend.

> > 3. When building the binary tgz for distribution, should I put stuff
> > in /usr or /usr/local?
>
> I vote for /usr, because /usr/local/bin isn't in the $PATH on a default
> install.

Fine by me.  That's what I did in the experimental package.

> > 4. I see that you left time profiling disabled in main.fun, but that
> > you did update the appropriate places in gc.c to handle it.  Should it
> > be enabled in main.fun?
>
> I'm not sure which changes in main.fun you are referring to.

My confusion.  There is code in main.fun that needs to be tweaked
before MLton will allow -profile time to work.  Should I add the
necessary line for Darwin?

> That said, looking over my patch, I did find one change in main.fun that I
> did not intend to have end up in CVS:  on line 76, there is a debugging
> print statement that says "fromString returned NONE" that shouldn't really
> be there!

Yeah, I dropped that.  Don't worry, when I apply a patch, it is by
hand, and I read everything.