[MLton] bug report, vector of char problem

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:48:50 -0700

> > However, the changelog is not a good indicator of how helpful typed
> > ILs are, as most of their use comes when developing a new pass, while
> > changes and debugging is fast and furious, before anything makes it
> > into the changelog.
>
> I agree with this completely.  That's why I was stating that the changelog
> would be a source of the examples Dan was looking for: bugs that didn't
> trickle a bug in the typed-IL.

Agreed.  I was confused.

Although, just because a bug makes it out the door into a release
doesn't mean that the type checker wouldn't catch it.  The first thing
I always do when we get a bug report is compile with -type-check
true.