[MLton] bug report, vector of char problem

Daniel C. Wang danwang@CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:12:03 -0400

In anycase, I don't disagree with the premises that typed-ILs are a good
thing. Just wondering if there is some "easy" to dig up evidence that might
make a skeptical person less so... something beyond anecdotal experience.

Here's a simple number to generate. Every time the internal type-checker
fails it emails or logs the failure some place. One would hope that when
developing a new optimization the type-checker fails a few times. If the
type-checker never fails during normal development of the compiler then we

Every time it does fail to type-check it is identifying a real bug. So we
count that as a success for the typed-IL. Anyway, just some food for thought.