[MLton] upcoming release

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen@cs.helsinki.fi
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:02:23 +0300

Quoting Matthew Fluet <fluet@cs.cornell.edu>:
> > It has been quite a while since our last release, so I would like to
> > do a new one.  There aren't any huge new features, but we have
> > accumulated a number of bugfixes, as well as some small improvements:
[...]
>  * warnExnMatch annotation

I was hoping to submit a patch to implement

  ignoreNonexhaustiveExnMatch {false|true}  <-- seems better this way
  nonexhaustiveMatch {warn|error|ignore}
  redundantMatch {warn|error|ignore}
  sequenceNonUnit {ignore|error|warn}
  unusedIdentifier {ignore|error|warn}

before the next release, but it now seems I will be too busy in the next
two (or three) weeks to complete the implementation. I could probably
find time to prepare a patch to implement

  ignoreNonexhaustiveExnMatch {true|false}
  nonexhaustiveMatch {warn|error|ignore}
  redundantMatch {warn|error|ignore}

as I've had them almost done (only backwards compatibility with warnExnMatch
is missing) for a few days already.

I kind of like it that after replacing "warnMatch false" with just
"nonexhaustiveMatch ignore" none of the libraries/tools that come with
MLton (seem to) produce warnings. IOW, "redundantMatch ignore" is not
needed.

Is it worth preparing the patch before the next release?

-Vesa Karvonen