[MLton] Subversion

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:35:15 -0700

Hi Mike.

> Nevcer having used Subversions before, I just tried downloading
> MLton via SVN+SSH under Cygwin on Windows and got:
> $ svn co svn+ssh://mlton.org/svnroot/ mlton
> miketh@mlton.org's password:
> Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
> svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

I forgot to propagate your uid to the new group that owns the svn
directory.  I have done so.  Hopefully that solves it.  BTW, you
definitely don't want to check out svnroot.  Rather, you should check
out the trunk

  svn+ssh://mlton.org/svnroot/mlton/trunk

Checking out svnroot will give you every branch and tag ever created.

> Additionally I'm unable to get at the read only repository due to
> our firewall, so I'm unable to get at the current source for MLton.

I guess firewalls are a good argument for adding http access to the
repository.  I was scared off doing so by the manual and went for the
easier to administer svn access.  Also, I run Apache 1.3 on mlton.org
it will probably be quite a pain to upgrade to 2.0, which the svn
manual says is needed.  So, http: access probably won't happen for a
while.