[MLton] Emacs mode for editing ML Basis files

Vesa Karvonen vesa.karvonen@cs.helsinki.fi
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:54:47 +0300

Quoting Stephen Weeks <sweeks@sweeks.com>:
> > I wrote a mode for editing ML Basis files.
>
> Cool!

Thanks!

> FYI, Ray Racine submitted an MLB-mode (mlb.el) last year.  It was
> pre-wiki, so it didn't make it up there.  Anyways, I added that to the
> wiki for comparison.

Oh, I guess I should have searched the mailing list first (I
usually do). I'll have to take look.

> When I try it, I get the following error (repeatedly).
>
> (4) (warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error No such face font-lock-module-def-face)

The face is defined by sml-mode, which is required at the beginning
of esml-mlb-mode.el. I fixed this by duplicating a face definition
from sml-mode.

> Also, it seems to have trouble indenting after the following line
>
> basis B = bas end

I can't reproduce the problem. Seems to work (as intended) on my
machine (on both GNU Emacs and XEmacs). Could this be caused by
the missing face?

I uploaded the fixed version as esml-mlb-mode.el.v2. Feel free
to rename the new one and delete the original if you can. The
Wiki interface doesn't let me do those operations (for a good
reason).

-Vesa Karvonen