[MLton] CVS commit mailing list

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:26:44 -0700

> We should fix the Subversion commit hooks to update
> http://www.mlton.org/commitlog.

I'm wonder if this is necessary, since one can use svn log to obtain
the commitlog (or any portion of it that one wants).  Although I guess
it would be nice to be able to check via the web too.

> Alternatively, I've been keeping a bookmark to:
>   http://mlton.org/cgi-bin/viewsvn.cgi?rev=HEAD&view=rev
> which is a quick way to see the most recent commit.

Neat.  Does anyone know of a way to see the commitlog with ViewCVS?
That would be preferable to the commit-hook approach.  If ViewCVS
doesn't do it, then how about a wiki macro that lets one see the last
week/month/year?

> Perhaps we should set up another mailing list for Subversion
> commits.

If people want, I'm fine with a new list for commit messages only (no
discussion).

> I would prefer that commits are not sent to mlton@mlton.org.

Absolutely.  That would be too much noise.