[MLton] mlnlffigen is awesome (was: bootstrap problem)

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:09:33 -0700

> A second point: I have not modified the mlb-path-map in the way described
> by http://www.mlton.org/SMLNJLibrary and http://www.mlton.org/CKitLibrary.
> I'm a bit undecided on how best to use MLB path variables.
> Anyways, I'm happy enough with just using $(SML_LIB) and nothing else.  If
> anyone wants shorter names, then they can modify their
> .mlton/mlb-path-map.

Sounds good to me.

> Another alternative would be to drop the implicit
> ~/.mlton/mlb-path-map and only have the flag to include a file map.
> A convenient convention is to have ~/.mlton/mlb-path-map and when
> you want to use it, you point the flag there.

I'm OK with this.  There is clearly no loss in power or difficulty
upgrading since current calls to MLton can be emulated with
-mlb-path-map $(HOME)/.mlton/mlb-path-map.