[MLton] mlnlffigen is awesome (was: bootstrap problem)

Henry Cejtin henry.cejtin@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:10:52 -0500

The  problem  with the ~/.mlton/mlb-path-map file is that it is a SINGLE per-
user config file.  Hence if I have two different programs  (perhaps  compiled
by two different versions of MLton) and I want to use MLB path variables that
point to DIFFERENT places for them then I have to have a different  HOME.   I
do  have  to  do  this for some things, so I need a shell file which sets the
HOME variable, and  then  different  directories  which  have  a  .mlton  and
.mlton/mlb-path-map in them.

It  is much much nicer to just have a single explicit (non-hidden environment
variable HOME) which says where the MLB path variables are defined.