[MLton] problem building from svn checkout

Lukasz S Ziarek lziarek@cs.purdue.edu
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:16:37 -0500

Matthew Fluet wrote:

>>The only way I see that the hack in front-end/sources.mlb failing is
>>if SML_LIB is pointing in some strange place.  But, I would expect
>>that to show up as an error in the MLB not being able to find
>>unsafe.mlb or something like that.  Further, your error happened on
>>the second round of compilation, so it was using the just-built MLton,
>>which should have all the build/lib stuff in place, in particular
>>mlb-path-map.  So, I am stumped.  Perhaps you could investigate a bit
>>more where unsafe.mlb is coming from and why it isn't making Unsafe
>>available.
>>

>One thing you can try is
>
> cd mlton
> ../build/bin/mlton -stop f mlton.mlb

This indeed shows that unsafe is not reachable... it is not in the list
generated by running the above command.  Also the MLton installed on our
machines is MLton 20040227 (built Fri Feb 27 21:23:55 2004 on redhat71),
ill ask our software guys to update it and see if that alleviates the
problem.

thank you
Luke