[MLton] starting builds

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:21:52 +0200

On Aug 28, 2005, at 10:43 PM, Stephen Weeks wrote:
>> I've just started a sparc build of 20050826. Hope this one's ok. =)
>
> Sure.  There's a minor bug, but it won't affect future bootstrapping.
> After they're all in, let us know.

Powerpc is uploaded, sparc is on to the second-stage bootstrap.

The SIGBUS problem on hppa persists.
Maybe you could take a look at it?
You should be able to log in to paer.debian.org with your DD account.

I've cross-compiled it  and built with -g -O0 and nothing improved.
Hello-world cross-compiled works, but mlton-compile dies immediately.

The problem appears under woody, sarge, and sid during
parseAndElaborate for the version I built before. A newly cross-compiled
version of MLton dies before even printing help. The same package used
to work on paer, so I can only assume the kernel upgrade (2.6.12) is
somehow related.

My account is terpstra, and the only thing in my home dir is this stuff.
Everything should be world readable. (old is a built mlton that is known
to have worked before, new/compile is C for a cross-compiled MLton
from svn/HEAD). dchroot sid/woody/etc gets you in the chroot.

> I am thinking that as soon as
> we've got binary versions for all the platforms, I will make a new
> package, this time not statically linking libgmp.

Sure, we'll just have to hope this doesn't happen again.
Also, be aware that the buildd people may get angry if mlton gets
recompiled every day...