[MLton] Subversion

Adam Goode adam@evdebs.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:13:02 -0400

--=-laZ9yL8RAdFz3JU64F5X

I had good luck with cvs2svn, but only after getting all the options
correct. Specifically, without the --no-default-eol option, cvs2svn was
corrupting binary files upon import from an old CVS repository. It's
important to check things over a bit and have a few trial runs.

There are also problems importing from a repository where branches and
tags are used inconsistently. But it seems that if you've never used the
same name for both a branch and a tag, you're ok.

All in all, I'm happy with the migration. It's very nice to have
accurate history and logs.

See also: http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2004-11/0745.shtml (Case study:
Mono switches to Subversion)

Thanks,