[MLton] Subversion

Adam Goode adam@evdebs.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:54:02 -0400

--=-vtGNLTAFCQa8jrIdC35i

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 22:43 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Adam Goode:
>=20
> > Did you try running a diff on the checked out version from svn and cvs?
> > I found that things were a little different, and the binary file
> > mlton/runtime/gdtoa.tgz got corrupted. I suspect the eol problem, and a=
> > currently re-running with --no-default-eol. I'll report when it's
> > finished, if people are interested.
>=20
> I used --no-default-eol from the start. 8-)
>=20
> But running a diff is a good idea.  Will do tomorrow.
>=20

Good news: a diff shows no (relevant) differences. Just in an $Id$ tag,
and another in the CVS directory (which would go away).

> >> The repository duplicates the structure of the CVS repository.  Maybe
> >> it makes more sense to convert the /mlton directory tree separately.
> >
> > Have a look at these links for "How can I convert my CVS repository one
> > module at a time?":
>=20
> This is not a technical problem; the question is what you want to have
> in the converted repository (same for tags and branches, we can also
> drop them if they aren't needed).

Right, it's relatively straightforward (though tedious) to convert
everything over. Still, it is satisfying to have all the branches and
tags (and they don't even get in the way, since they can be "deleted" in
the current revision). If I have time tonight, I'll try to cook up a
conversion script.

Thanks,

Adam

--=-vtGNLTAFCQa8jrIdC35i