[MLton] Subversion

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:29:25 -0400 (EDT)

> MLton now officially uses a Subversion repository.

I note that the conversion successfully propagated the .cvsignore files
into the svn:ignore property.  I imagine that we can now delete all the
.cvsignore files;  however, bin/clean looks for a .cvsignore file to
determine what to delete at a directory cleaning.  It does not seem wise
to require Subversion (and all the .svn directories) for 'make clean' of a
released source package.

Perhaps there is some way of ensuring that the value of the svn:ignore
property is always exported to a .ignore file?  Alternatively, we could
push all the ignored files into the appropriate Makefiles in the clean
target.