[MLton] Subversion

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:03:51 -0700

> It does not seem wise to require Subversion (and all the .svn
> directories) for 'make clean' of a released source package.

Agreed.

> Perhaps there is some way of ensuring that the value of the
> svn:ignore property is always exported to a .ignore file?
> Alternatively, we could push all the ignored files into the
> appropriate Makefiles in the clean target.

I would prefer to keep a single file in sync with svn:ignore, and
".ignore" seems a fine name.  It's easy enough to sync the property
with the file with a script.  Once we understand SVN enough, we could
probably add something that automatically does this when someone
commits a .ignore.  But I could live with a simple script for some
time.  I added one in bin/sync-ignore.