[MLton] can mlbasis rename the top-level?

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:42:29 -0700

> No, the point is that the lexer simply slurps up _everything_ from
> {<{ to }>} without interpretting it at all.  No trying to balance
> parens or grammatical constructs.  To be clear: I'm in favor of not
> even trying to distinguish }>} in SML constants or strings.

I assume you meant "comments" not "constants".  This is a bit much for
me.  Although I will point out that if you really do take the
here-document approach, requiring "}>}" at the beginning of a line,
possibly preceeded by whitespace, then you don't have to worry about
SML strings, since they require a "/" to start continuation lines.
So, you would only need to worry about comments (which are quite easy
to handle, so I see no point in not doing so).