[MLton] Re: [MLton-commit] r4619

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Sun, 28 May 2006 17:23:53 -0400 (EDT)

> On windows, there is no %ll modifier for long long. Instead, they use
> %I64, which of course is no ISO format string. MinGW correctly defines
> the use of %I64, but gcc doesn't like it. This causes >= 3 warnings per
> file, which I've silenced on MinGW by (crudely) disabling format
> warnings.

That's unfortunate.  Looking at the commit, I wonder if it would be
possible to leave

  WARNCFLAGS += -Wmissing-format-attribute

in the 'master' list of warnings, and specifically disable it with:

  ifeq ($(TARGET_OS), mingw)
  WARNCFLAGS += -Wno-format -Wno-missing-format-attribute
  endif

That is, I'd prefer not to see 'else' branches on
'ifeq ($(TARGET_ARCH),...)' and 'ifeq ($(TARGET_OS),...)' conditionals,
since having those branches makes it somewhat harder to reconstruct what
flags are being passed to any given platform.