[MLton] x86_64 branch runtime compiles on HPPA/HP-UX

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Mon, 29 May 2006 13:29:10 -0400 (EDT)

>> I do get some warnings still, which I don't think can be cured in
>> hpux.h.  We've seen these before, though:
>>
>> bytecode/interpret.c: In function 'interpret':
>> bytecode/interpret.c:416: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
>> basis/Real/modf.c: In function 'Real64_modf':
>> basis/Real/modf.c:10: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
>
> Yup, these all seem to be the same that Stephen saw on sparc-solaris; the
> bytecode/interpret.c:416 warning is "new", but it is due to the inlining of
> Real64_modf into the bytecode interpreter, so it is effectively the same.

Sorry, that's not true.  Real64_modf wasn't inlined into the bytecode
interpreter.  The warning in bytecode/interpret.c must be due to some
other cast; I'd guess that the offending line is 128 of interpret.c,
except that the macros pulled in from c-chunk.h also do a lot of casts, so
I'm very surprised that there aren't more warnings.