[MLton] Problem with MinGW

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Mon, 29 May 2006 10:10:09 +0200

I should have mentioned to problem is any use of open (reading/
writing/etc).

On May 29, 2006, at 2:27 AM, Stephen Weeks wrote:
>     unhandled exception: Fail: MLton.World.save unable to open /tmp/
> package-mlton-mingw/build/lib/world.mlton due to SysErr: No such
> file or directory [noent]

Might be related, but this time it's einval.

> I think it had something to do with confusion about drive mappings

That was my first thought, but even a file in the current directory
can't be opened.

> possibly mixed in with whether things were Cygwin or MinGW
> exectuables.

I'm fairly certain I've only been using MinGW's gcc.

> In fact, IIRC when I called the C compiler to compile the MLton-
> generated C/asm by hand things worked fine.

This is not the case for me. :-(

I think this problem is unrelated... if only I had strace!!

I'll try again tonight.