[MLton] question about bin/make-pdf-guide

Adam Goode adam@evdebs.org
Mon, 29 May 2006 00:26:56 -0400

--------------enigD1562E95163A5B81F074FA4E

Hi,

I'm trying to package MLton for hopeful inclusion in Fedora Extras.
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/

I have a question about the version number in the generated
mlton-guide.pdf. It appears that the version number in that PDF file is
unconditionally the date which the package was built, even when building
an older version. This can be seen in current Debian builds that have
occurred since the release of MLton (look at the guide in the Sparc
package, for example).

Would it be better if bin/make-pdf-guide took a version parameter? Then
the guide would no longer have the potentially misleading statement: "It
is up to date for MLton $version."

Thanks,

Adam