[MLton] Summer of Code 2008

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Mon Dec 17 09:32:34 PST 2007

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Adam Goode wrote:
> I think it would be great if MLton could participate in the Google
> Summer of Code 2008.

It's a nice idea.

> For MLton to participate, we will need to come up with a good list of
> summer projects.

We would also need to come up with a list of potential project mentors.
I don't think it would be good for a single individual to try to mentor
mentor more than one project.  Not that I think that there would be a huge
number of student projects, but a number of projects from the
mlton.org/Projects page would require some significant coaching in the
early stages.