[MLton] Windows port of MLton using the Microsoft tools(e.g.without MinGW)

Nicolas Bertolotti nicolas.bertolotti at polyspace.com
Thu Jul 26 10:03:16 PDT 2007

Well, my goal is not to discuss whether Microsoft or GPL is free or not.

My goal is not either to discuss whether MLton has been well written or not,
or whether it is portable or not.

I'm wondering whether it possible to develop a native port of MLton for
Windows because it is something that might be useful (at least for me) and I
want to discuss about it.

I have tried a few things and got some results. What I want is to discuss
about them to determine whether it is going to be too complex and it's
better to wait for a 64 bits port of MinGW or if it is the way to go.

I don't need any information about "Felix". I don't know what it is and as
far as I know, it has nothing to do with the issue I'm facing. If you want
to promote it, please start another conversation with a different subject.

I also don't want anyone to tell me that it is impossible or stupid to work
on this subject as it certainly isn't.

Let's be pragmatic. I've done a few things. I'm going to submit my patches.
If you think you can help, then, please, don't hesitate to give your feed
back. If you are not interested, you can ignore my message ...