[MLton] summer release?

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Fri May 18 12:23:48 PDT 2007

With the 64-bit port nearing completion, I think it would be very nice
to have an official release sometime over Summer 2007.  In addition to
the 64-bit port, there have been a fair number of bug fixes and some new
features (eg., x86-darwin port) since our last release on 20051202
(nearly one and a half years ago).

I've announced the experimental amd64-packages.  If there are no serious
problems reported, then I'll plan on merging the x86_64 branch into
trunk in about a week.  After that, we can hopefully focus on polishing
loose ends for a release.

I guess the biggest loose end is the MinGW port.  I believe that each of
Polyspace, Reactis, and SSH have done some work; it would be nice to
make sure that patches have a chance to be reviewed and committed.