[MLton] summer release?

Henry Cejtin henry.cejtin at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 18 13:39:05 PDT 2007

This  is truly excellent.  I would be curious to have some description of the
native code generator.  Things like how you use the 8 extra registers.

I assume that the amd-64 bit version of MLton uses full 64-bit  pointers  (as
opposed to some of the other ideas discussed before, like 32-bit offsets from
a semi-space base).  In connection with that, I would really like to have the
FFI,  for  implementations  where  it  holds, let me export, for instance, an
array of strings as a char **.   I.e.,  to  expose  arrays  in  ML  as  being
pointers to C.