[MLton] Re: unicode branch

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Thu Aug 21 17:55:05 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Gergely Buday <gbuday at gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the state of the art of your unicode branch of mlton? As I see
> the latest revision is two years old, does it have some basic
> functionality working?

At this point, I'd say it's dead. I didn't have a pressing need for it and
so the motivation to bring it to a conclusion wasn't there. :-/ It wasn't
entirely clear how Unicode in SML should look. The current MLton/head has
WideChar and WideString in it.

If for some reason I got motivated to wade through all the relevant
specifications again, I would probably start from scratch.