[MLton] Possible contributions to optimization

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Fri Mar 7 14:49:01 PST 2008

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Kristopher Micinski wrote:
> I mostly want to
> understand more about compilers and functional languages. If anyone
> has any other reading suggestions or ever has any code to be read (I
> am aware I should sign up for the commit list if I am seriously
> interested in reviewing every change), you may mention it.

Andrew Appel's _Modern Compiler Implementation in ML_ is a good
introduction to compiler implementation.  His _Compiling with
Continuations_ is a little more advanced text, but deals a lot more with
compiling functional languages.  Simon Peyton Jones' _The Implementation
of Functional Languages_ (available online at his website) focuses on
implementing lazy functional language (like Haskell) using lazy graph
reduction.