[MLton] A few changes proposals for MLton

Nicolas Bertolotti Nicolas.Bertolotti at mathworks.fr
Mon Nov 17 14:49:25 PST 2008

Let's wait to hear what happens in the sml-basis thread. You should bring up having UNC volumes as that is currently forbidden by the definition.

I am sorry but I don't really understand what you mean with < You should bring up having UNC volumes as that is currently forbidden by the definition > (maybe it is just a problem with my English understanding).

*   05-windows-exit.patch
  *   This patch adds support for Posix.Process.exit() on MinGW. I
    guess it has been deactivated on purpose but I don't know why and I
    have not experienced any issue with it.

To be honest, I have no idea why it's disabled either. I was even more mystified when I found that it was added in r3662 which was supposedly a commit on my behalf. I tracked down the email that included the patch I sent. <http://terpstra.ca/lurker/message/20041202.044539.0cb22ee4.en.html> ... but the changes to stub-mingw.sml are nowhere to be seen.

Now would be a good time for Stephen to speak up about where this came from! :-)

I don't really see any reason NOT to re-enable it, but as neither of us know why it was disabled in the first place... :-/
Funny !!! Wait and see...