[MLton] Attempt to build MLton with 20070826 release fails with "CreateFile failed with error 80"

Vesa Karvonen vesa.a.j.k at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:05:50 PDT 2008

I just tried to build MLton from SVN with the 20070826 release under
Cygwin, but it fails with "CreateFile failed with error 80".  Looking
at the SVN logs for windows.c (rev 6624) in the runtime it seems that
this is a known problem that was fixed some time ago (indeed I can see
temporary files created in the root of the drive).  Is there a way
around this issue?  I suppose I could try building via SML/NJ. Does
someone have a more recent build of MLton for Cygwin?

-Vesa Karvonen