[MLton] Crashes with 64-bit native code generator on Windows

Matthew Fluet matthew.fluet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:44:40 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM, David Hansel
<hansel at reactive-systems.com>wrote:

> See the code below.  It should match up with the code I posted before.
> From what I can tell it does look like MLton puts the target address for
> applyFFTempFun into a register but then later does the indirect call via
> the memory location.

Yes, it looks like it gets dropped into %r11, but not used from that
location.

> Please let me know if you need any more context or other debugging
> information.  It does seem like you are on the right track.

We need to find out when the codegen loses track of the fact that %r11 has
applyFFTempFun.  Could you compile with "-native-commented 6"?  That's the
most debugging information that we can get from a precompiled MLton binary.
It produces a *lot* of debugging information (in the form of comments in the
assembly).  Rather than posting to the mailing list, I suggest posting the
basic block to http://mlton.org/TemporaryUpload.

-Matthew