[MLton] Crashes with 64-bit native code generator on Windows

David Hansel hansel at reactive-systems.com
Mon Nov 30 13:19:19 PST 2009

Hello Matthew,

I tried using "-native-commented 6" but (due to the size of the code involved)
compilation (in the "outputAssembly" stage) seems to take a VERY long time.
I also tried "-native-commented 5" with the same result.  A setting of "4"
worked much faster and I have uploaded a file hansel-20091130-1.s containing
the basic block.

I will try the others again but the "4" setting produced about 1200 .s output
files and with the "6" setting MLton produced the first (.0.s) output file
and then I stopped it after about an hour of not producing any more output.
I will try again but unless the process gets much faster after the second file
I don't think we'll get to output file #913 in any reasonable amount of time.

Are there ways to restrict the additional output to specific parts of the code?
Unfortunately,  I can't cut down the code much without the problem going away.

David

--
  David Hansel
  Chief Technology Officer -- Reactive Systems, Inc.
  (919) 324-3507 ext. 102 -- hansel at reactive-systems.com
  OpenPGP (GnuPG) public key file:
  http://www.reactive-systems.com/~hansel/pgp_public_key.txt