[MLton-user] Introduction

Erol Akarsu eakarsu@cmguc.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:35:13 -0500

Hi Mlton community,

I hope you will have great year. I am closely watching Mlton.
Actually, My preference these days is to find a best language to
implement B2B applications. Functional languages  (Ocaml, SML and
Scheme) fit well but they lack a grounding library :XM/RDF parsers,
SOAP, Web services, concurrency, multiagent libraries and inference
engines. therefore, I have to interface to such libraries written in
Java/C/C++ efficiently and easily to finish my project. ?I know this is
not easy but my requirement. I wish Mlton will have easy-to-use
interface to Java especially. Is it difficult to extend Mlton compiler
or core library of Mlton to access to Java classes? I can try to achieve
this if you can guide me.

Best Regards

Thanks

Erol Akarsu