[MLton-user] Introduction

Stephen Weeks sweeks@sweeks.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:20:43 -0800

> I wish Mlton will have easy-to-use interface to Java especially. Is
> it difficult to extend Mlton compiler or core library of Mlton to
> access to Java classes? I can try to achieve this if you can guide
> me.

As far as I know, no one has made any effort to make MLton communicate
with Java.  I don't know a lot about interfacing with Java or the JVM,
but it sounds like a difficult task if you try to do it at that level.
Your best bet with MLton is to either use the C FFI or communicate at
a higher level (pipes, files, ...), or to rewrite the libraries in
SML.  Sorry I don't have a better answer.