[MLton-user] FreeBSD building problems + known errors question

Stephen Weeks MLton-user@mlton.org
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:49:26 -0800

> but why not to fix parser issue and just make release with this fix?

No deep reason.  I've never seriously investigated fixing the bug
because my estimate of the benefits (compliance with the Definition)
outweigh the costs (serious yacc grammar rewriting and postprocessing,
no SML compiler has ever handled this, using parentheses is clearer).

I woudn't object to someone submitting a patch, and would even be
interested to see how to solve the problem, since I don't know a good
way.