[MLton-user] FreeBSD building problems + known errors question

Ian Zimmerman itz@buug.org
29 Dec 2004 19:18:23 -0800

Stephen> No deep reason.  I've never seriously investigated fixing the
Stephen> bug because my estimate of the benefits (compliance with the
Stephen> Definition) outweigh the costs (serious yacc grammar rewriting
Stephen> and postprocessing, no SML compiler has ever handled this,
Stephen> using parentheses is clearer).

It's the Definition that is broken in this case (OOPS - no pun,
really!), and should be fixed.  Clumsy workarounds in compilers only
remove the motivation for the real fix.  IMHO.

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)