[MLton-user] Re: MLton and Cygwin installation

Brian Donovan bdonovan@gmail.com
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 00:33:32 +0800

Copying all of those files and dropping them into my C:\cygwin\bin
directory got a result - typing "mlton" at the bash prompt now results
in:

bash-3.00$ mlton
/usr/bin/mlton: line 9: /usr/lib/mlton/platform: No such file or directory
Unable to run MLton.  Check that lib is set properly.
bash-3.00$

Hmmmm

I had added C:\cygwin\usr\bin to my PATH environmental variable
(previously it included only C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin and
C:\cygwin\bin) but that didn't get me anywhere.  Rebooted and tried
again and still nothing, but pasting the above files into
C:\cygwin\bin had some effect.

I see now that "mlton" is actually a bash script. And that lines 1-9 are :

#!/usr/bin/env bash

# This script calls MLton.

set -e

dir=`dirname $0`