[MLton-user] SML unicode support

Stephen Weeks MLton-user@mlton.org
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:41:48 -0800

> So, if I it right now - unicode can be stored in C/C++ wchar_t - isn't
> it?

Yes.

> If so, is it a problem to make SML interpreter to store characters in
> wchar_t like container (I'm sorry, if the question is too lame)?

No problem, that's exactly what we plan to do in implementing
WideChar.

> P.S. To the maillist administrator: probably it is not comfortable only
> for me, but usually (as far as I know) when I reply to the message my
> mailer take maillist e-mail (in this example - mlton-user@mlton.org),
> but not user, who post message. Or you make it especially to
> "provocate" people to send message to the maillist & user (via "reply
> all")?

The mailing list is set up so that, by default, there is no reply-to
header, and so a reply would go to just the user.  Personally, for
messages I send to the list, I set the reply-to header to the list in
an effort to keep discussions on the list instead of having stuff sent
only to me.  That seems like a sensible policy for anyone on the list
to follow.  I could set the default for all list messages to do that,
but then people who are not on the list would only get a response when
people remember to reply to all.  It's a tradeoff -- either way, some
people miss messages when people don't reply to all.