[MLton-user] System mlb files in a home directory installation

Joe Hurd joe.hurd@cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:25:47 +0100

Sorry for bombarding the list with my newbie questions.

I'm porting my SML files to the 20051202 release of MLton, and this is
the first time I've had to use MLB files instead of the option -basis
1997. I've installed MLton in my home directory, and by specifiying
the complete path to basis-1997.mlb in an MLB file I am able to get
everything working.

However, this isn't portable, and I'm sure there must be a better way
to use standard MLB files when MLton is installed in my home
directory, but despite looking through the documentation I wasn't able
to find it.

Finally, my question: what is the recommended way to tell MLton the
location of the system MLB files?

Joe