[MLton-user] System mlb files in a home directory installation

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:37:13 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm porting my SML files to the 20051202 release of MLton, and this is
> the first time I've had to use MLB files instead of the option -basis
> 1997. I've installed MLton in my home directory, and by specifiying
> the complete path to basis-1997.mlb in an MLB file I am able to get
> everything working.

You should be able to use
  $(SML_LIB)/basis/basis-1997.mlb
to portably reference the 1997 revision of the Basis Libary.  The value of
$(SML_LIB) is set automatically by the compiler.

> Finally, my question: what is the recommended way to tell MLton the
> location of the system MLB files?

The "system" MLB files (those libraries distributed with MLton) all live
in $(SML_LIB), which should be set automatically.