[MLton-user] MLton installation on Mac OS X

Alley Stoughton stough@cis.ksu.edu
Fri, 5 May 2006 15:19:44 -0500

Matthew,

When I installed MLton on my mac, and then tried to compile a simple
program, I got the following errors:

/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/mlton/self/libmlton.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/mlton/self/libgdtoa.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
call to system failed with exit status 1:
gcc -std=gnu99 -o test /tmp/fileCBCeKj.o /tmp/fileDpbFX8.o -L/usr/local/lib/mlton/self -lmlton -L/sw/lib -lgmp -lgdtoa -lm

Do you happen to have any advice about this?  Don't worry if you don't,
I'll try to look into it this after the semester.  ;-)

Alley