[MLton-user] MLton installation on Mac OS X

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Mon, 8 May 2006 17:41:35 -0400 (EDT)

> When I installed MLton on my mac, and then tried to compile a simple
> program, I got the following errors:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/mlton/self/libmlton.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
> /usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/mlton/self/libgdtoa.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> call to system failed with exit status 1:
> gcc -std=gnu99 -o test /tmp/fileCBCeKj.o /tmp/fileDpbFX8.o -L/usr/local/lib/mlton/self -lmlton -L/sw/lib -lgmp -lgdtoa -lm
>
> Do you happen to have any advice about this?

I'm afraid I don't have any advice other than to try re-running ranlib on
the libraries.  I know that we had some issues with ranlib when we first
ported to Darwin; particularly, when we moved libraries from their build
location to their install location.