[MLton-user] Layout.sequence

Matthew Fluet fluet at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Nov 7 08:05:26 PST 2006

> The function sequence declared locally in a part of the layout.sml
> file is quite useful in its full generality.  Could it be exported
> from Layout in future releases of mlton?

Neal is referring to the Layout structure provided by the MLton utility
library (<src>/lib/mlton/basic/layout.sml).  This library is only
available in the MLton source packages (or by checking out the Subversion
sources) and is not distributed with MLton binary packages.

I see no reason not to export the 'sequence' function.  However, I will
note that since the MLton utility library is not part of the binary
packages (and, hence, not really consided public code), that maintaining
compatability between releases has not been a priority.  On the other
hand, I do know that the library has been used by other MLton-developers
in support of non-MLton projects, so I don't imagine that it will become
seriously broken without some established upgrade path.