[MLton-user] Layout.sequence

Stephen Weeks sweeks at sweeks.com
Tue Nov 7 08:40:08 PST 2006

> I see no reason not to export the 'sequence' function.

I agree.  Although its type should be changed to something like the
following for consistency with MLton conventions.

  val sequence: t list * {finish: string,
                          separator: string,
                          start: string} -> t

> However, I will note that since the MLton utility library is not
> part of the binary packages (and, hence, not really consided public
> code), that maintaining compatability between releases has not been
> a priority.  On the other hand, I do know that the library has been
> used by other MLton-developers in support of non-MLton projects, so
> I don't imagine that it will become seriously broken without some
> established upgrade path.

My thinking is that we should eventually move the MLton library into
the new library project.  That way it will use the same versioning
approach as other libraries.