[MLton-user] The Generic Programming Library is great

Vesa Karvonen vesa.a.j.k at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 07:54:49 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 5, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Jeremy Fincher <jemfinch at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>  "arbitrary" and "shrink" sound very much like function names used in
>  some implementations of QuickCheck, a testing system which greatly
>  benefits from generic programming.  Is there an SML implementation of
>  QuickCheck written using this library?

Yes, there is: http://mlton.org/cgi-bin/viewsvn.cgi/mltonlib/trunk/com/ssh/unit-test/unstable/
.

I will probably enhance the library with GAST
(http://www.cs.ru.nl/~pieter/gentest/gentest.html) style automatic
(exhaustive/systematic enumeration) testing in the near future.  I
already wrote an experimental enum generic for that purpose, but there
are some details there that need to change.

-Vesa Karvonen